- Established in 1989
- Pathway to a Better Life
- Pet Essentials
- Pure and Natural
- Rich in Essential Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- From Our Family to Yours
Barlean’s Flax Oil for Animals
Flax Oil is a rich source of Omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and has been discovered to be “essential” to the health of animals and humans. Barlean’s has taken the extra steps necessary to preserve the integrity of flaxseed oil, providing your pets with the valuable Omega-3 fatty acids they require for optimal health.
Benefits found with flax and the essential fatty acids in the health of animals:
- Important for growth and development
- Improved immunity against infection
- Increased quantity and quality of milk in lactating animals
- Development of beautiful and lustrous sheen in animal coats
- Improvement of dandruff and dry, patchy skin
- Improvement of inflammatory conditions
- Increased bone strength
A lack of essential fatty acids in the diet may cause:
- Impaired visual development
- Impaired learning ability
- Increased susceptibility to environmental toxins
5-10 lbs – 1/2 tsp
10-20 lbs – 3/4 tsp
25 lbs up – 1 tsp for every 25 lbs of body weight.
Larger Animals – 100 lbs and up
1 Tbsp for every 100 lbs of body weight.
Horses and Show Cattle
4 oz a day
Flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, rosemary extract, ascorbic acid, and pyridoxine hydrochloride.
Keep out of reach of children.
|One Tablespoon Supplies:|
|Omega-3 (LNA)||7688 mg|
|Omega-6 (LA)||1915 mg|
|Omega-9 (Oleic)||2236 mg|
|Vitamin B-6||6 mg|