The production of multiple pollutants and toxins is one of the challenges of the industrial world, substances that target humans and other living organisms on a daily basis. Treatment of toxins from industrial pollution, air, and heavy metal poisonings such as lead, mercury, cadmium, and arsenic requires the identification of the latest ways to deal with it.
What methods can be used to remove these harmful elements from the body?
Toxins in the body are generally divided into two main groups. Many of these toxins, such as plant toxins and pesticides, heavy metals from air pollution, tobacco, and industrial pollutants, enter the human body from outside.
The second category, such as toxins produced by the breakdown of food and drugs in the body, is also the result of the breakdown of substances in the body.
Sources of toxin production and ways it enters the body
- Cigarette smoking is definitely one of the ways that the body is attacked by toxins, but there are other ways that can easily enter the body of toxins.
- The air we breathe and the food we eat, drinks, and medicines can also be toxins entering the body.
- Also, the physical and mental pressures that the modern lifestyle imposes on human beings produce toxins in the body.
- Cosmetics such as antiperspirant sprays, fluorescent lamps, and refined sugars is among the sources where toxic substances are found in abundance.
- Preservatives and additives in canned foods are among the toxins that enter the human body on a daily basis.
- On the other hand, fluoride and chlorine in pesticides are easily mixed with water and enter the human body.
- Also, the radiation of magnetic waves to the body through mobile phones, which are easily available to everyone today, causes toxins to be produced in the human body and damage the organs of the body.
What is body detoxification?
When toxins and pollutants enter the body, first the liver and then the kidneys absorb them through the blood, and then, with the help of various mechanisms, direct these toxins out of the body, which in this process, It is called cleansing the blood or detoxifying the body.
Detoxification helps the body better digest food and gain energy and makes a person feel better than before.
What factors help to improve the detoxification process?
1-fresh vegetables and fruits
Factors such as daily and continuous consumption of fresh vegetables and fruits can play an important role in accelerating and improving the detoxification process. For example, diets rich in fiber, carbohydrates, and antioxidants can increase energy, increase metabolism and accelerate the body’s detoxification process. Fibers play an important role in the body’s excretion process by increasing bowel movements and by connecting to toxins in the intestines.
Fruits such as green apples, citrus fruits, especially sour lemons, fresh vegetables such as radishes, broccoli, oilseeds such as walnuts and almonds, edible green algae such as Chlorella Vulgaris, Spirulina platensis, and beverages such as green tea are the best natural sources for excretion. Toxins are from the body.
Other effective compounds in the detoxification process are chlorophyll, a green pigment found in plants that are involved in the process of photosynthesis in plants, and it is believed that this substance due to its similarity in molecular structure to hemoglobin in the blood can maintain human health. be effective.
Chlorophyll can clear the bloodstream, eliminate bad breath, neutralize carcinogens and prevent tooth decay. Chlorophyll has a positive effect on a person’s life by helping to eliminate toxins such as acetaldehyde (a cause of fatigue and hangovers) and histamine (a cause of allergies and sensitivities). Green algae are one of the richest sources of chlorophyll in the world and one of the reasons for the high consumption of edible microalgae in Japan is their cleansing effects.
Chlorophylls, fibers, and special polysaccharide compounds in these algae bind to heavy metals, toxins leftover from insecticides, drugs, and other contaminants in the body and are excreted in the feces. Research has shown that regular consumption of the alga Chlorella Vulgaris for at least one month and in the amount of two to three grams per day, improves the process of cleansing the body of toxins.
On the other hand, plant fibers are effective in better digestion of food and by promoting normal bowel movements and eliminating problems such as constipation (which causes waste products to stay in the intestines for a long time), they promote gastrointestinal health.
A clinical study at Toyota University in Japan on 30 patients with heavy metal poisoning shows that daily consumption of six grams of Chlorella Vulgaris can be very effective in reducing the degree of blood poisoning.
Choosing the wrong foods, digestive problems and stress can increase the number of toxins in the body. This constant circulation of toxins in the body can cause irreparable damage to the immune system. Also, all the organs involved in the body’s detoxification process, including the intestines, liver, kidneys, skin, and respiratory system, can accumulate toxins quickly.
By using a proper detoxification diet, these organs can be protected and helped to eliminate toxins from the body:
- Consume a variety of foods containing fiber in the diet.
- Daily consumption of green tea with a few drops of fresh lemon juice protects the liver.
- Eat natural foods that contain vitamin C. This vitamin helps eliminate toxins by producing glutathione (a powerful antioxidant) in the body.
- Eat at least eight glasses of water a day. Because water naturally expels all excess body substances, toxins, and impurities through various means such as urine and sweat.
- Live stress-free and full of positive energy.
- Deep breathing and the entry of oxygen into the body.
- Sauna is a good way to increase sweating and remove toxins from the body.
- Exercise and physical activity. An hour of exercise a day is the best way to help detoxify the body. During exercise, breathing becomes faster and blood flow becomes faster, resulting in more sweating and increased urine volume.
- Consumption of garlic, cabbage, parsley, horseradish, artichoke, sugar beet, and asparagus in the diet also helps the body to remove toxins and waste products, especially pollutants such as lead and mercury.
- Red fruits are considered excellent detoxifying fruits. Among red fruits, strawberry has more properties. This fruit is rich in potassium and can help cleanse the liver.
- Having a good night’s sleep can solve everything When solving the puzzle of how to cleanse and detoxify the body, the main point is to remember that in order to cleanse the body, your mind also needs to be cleansed and detoxified.
When hormones are in a stable and balanced state, your brain can excrete toxins from the body, and this happens when you have a good night’s sleep. Go to bed earlier and wake up sooner to keep your mind and body fresh and refreshed.
- yoga Managing and controlling stress are very important in order to cleanse and detoxify your body and mind. In addition to a detox program and strenuous exercise, do relax yoga techniques. It is interesting to know that yoga gestures and postures such as the release and expulsion of gas and Planck movements can help improve the digestive process as well as weight loss.
Yoga poses, such as the sun salutation, relax the body and release stress hormones from the mind and produce uplifting hormones. Without these good hormones, toxins can never leave the body; So managing and controlling stress, by doing yoga exercises, can be a good way to cleanse and purify the body.
- Saying no to sugary and sweet ingredients The answer to the question of how you can cleanse and detoxify your body may not be very pleasant for you, because one of the best ways to detoxify is to reduce your sugar intake.
Limit or refrain from eating sweets. In order to meet your needs for sugary and sweet substances, and if you can not resist them, replace them with fresh and natural fruits or dark chocolate. Fruits that are rich in vitamin C increase your metabolism and help your digestion and digestion.
15. How Alpha-lipoic acid will help through detoxification?
Alpha-lipoic acid is a very strong and active antioxidant and fights free radicals that are very harmful to the body. Many antioxidants are water-soluble, meaning that they are only active in the water, and some are fat-soluble and only work in adipose tissue, but lipoic acid is soluble in both media (water and fat), so All tissues and parts of the body are present and able to function.
Evidence suggests that this acid may also regenerate other antioxidants in the body that have been inactivated by free radicals to reactivate them, potentiating the effects of other antioxidants such as vitamins C and E. This antioxidant has a significant effect on combating skin aging, preventing wrinkles and rejuvenating facial skin, and delays skin aging caused by sunlight, and also accelerates the healing process of damaged skin.
Alpha-lipoic acid increases fat and glucose metabolism and reduces appetite, accelerates the healing of tissue damage, and improves the function of the nervous system. This substance helps regulate blood sugar and reduce bad blood fats.
The activity of this antioxidant in the body helps to cleanse and detoxify the body and accelerates it, on the other hand, it protects cells and prevents the destruction of tissues and organs of the body. It also protects the body against germs and contamination and fights germs when they enter the body.
Experts believe that this acid can prevent the excessive accumulation of metals in the body, such as iron and copper, and cause them to leave the body, and thus is effective in reducing carcinogens from the body. Unfortunately, with age, the amount of alpha-lipoic acid in the body decreases, so to compensate for it, in addition to consuming more foods that contain this antioxidant, you should use alpha-lipoic acid supplements and creams containing lipoic acid (LA).
16. Artichoke will detox your liver
Artichoke leaves because they have B vitamins, C and protein, iron, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and calcium. The richest vegetables are used to make a variety of salads, stews, and vegetarian dishes. The broad leaves are rich in vitamins and minerals of artichoke.
In addition, due to its therapeutic properties in controlling and regulating bile secretions in the liver, it can control and regulate liver function well, thus preventing some skin diseases.
Which is caused by liver dysfunction. The presence of hydroalcoholic extract in the artichoke plant helps control type 1 diabetes in individuals. Consumption of artichoke leaves and buds can help prevent type 1 diabetes by significantly reducing blood glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels.
Retish or artichoke stimulates bile secretion and helps eliminate toxins or toxins accumulated in the liver. The active ingredient in artichokes prevents the accumulation of fat in the liver cells. The extract of this plant reduces fat stores in the liver and other tissues and by inhibiting the enzyme “hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A. “Reductase” lowers cholesterol in the body. This plant should be used in the form of tea for 45 days in order to regulate liver enzymes.
To cleanse the liver with artichokes, you should boil 10 to 20 artichoke leaves in half to one liter of water for 15 minutes and drink this solution after each meal.
How effective is a detox diet?
There is still no definitive answer to the question of how effective the detox diet is. But most people who follow this detox diet report feeling more focused and energized during and after detox diets.
Some nutritionists believe that since the diet has improved, it may be due to the elimination of processed foods, alcohol and other unhealthy substances. Also in this diet, this satisfaction may be due to compensating for the lack of vitamins and minerals in the body.
Can a detox diet cause weight loss?
Scientific studies have shown the effect of the detox diet and its effect on weight loss. Most people who follow this course of detoxification experience rapid weight loss.
But this weight loss seems to be due to fluid loss and storage of good carbohydrates instead of saturated fats. But most of these people see their weight return after the cleansing is over.
Another study looked at overweight Korean women on a lemon detox diet. In this diet, they consumed only a mixture of organic syrups or palm and lemon juice for 7 days.
This diet significantly reduced the following:
- body weight
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- body fat
- Balancing the waist to the hips
- Reduction of physical inflammation
- Insulin resistance
- Circulating leptin levels
Of course, we must point out that a detox diet that includes more calorie restriction will certainly help you lose weight and improve your metabolic health. But some experts believe that this type of diet is unlikely to lead to more weight loss in the long run.
What should we do in the 7-day detox diet?
Avoid common detoxification reactions such as headaches and nausea. Avoid caffeine, sugar, processed foods, and artificial sweeteners on days when you are on a detox diet. If you can not completely stop caffeine consumption, go for low-caffeine drinks such as green tea or white tea.
During the preparation phase, you should plan your meals for a week. This will make it less likely that you will give up this diet. You should also clear your kitchen of unhealthy foods and drinks that tempt you.
There are no hard and fast rules about what to include in your 7-day diet. However, your goal should be to focus on the antioxidants found in high-fiber cleansing vegetables and fruits, such as whole grains, nuts, and seeds. Follow these tips in these 7 days:
- Improve your detox diet with plant proteins and foods rich in probiotics.
- Eat locally grown, seasonal fruits and vegetables. Eat salads with seasonal vegetables, whole fruits, smoothies, and juices (such as beetroot, carrot, apple, or tomato juice).
- Enjoy balanced meals. Try different types of vegetables such as dark green leafy vegetables, beets, onions, carrots, and cucumbers. Include peas, avocados, brown rice, and baked potatoes, canned grains, olive oil, and other foods high in protein, fiber, and fat.
Cleansing and purifying the body, or more simply, cleansing and detoxifying the body, is as necessary as the meals you eat. We stumble on chemicals and inject toxins into our bodies, consciously or unconsciously, because lifestyle forces us to be in this situation. So it is important to rejuvenate your body and recharge it so that your body returns to its original shape.
Was this article useful for you?
Share your experience with us!