There are currently about 1.3 billion people in the world who smoke each year, of which 1 billion are men and 300 million are women.
Between these, more than 15,000 die daily from smoking-induced lung disease.
If you are a smoker, and you want to quit smoking, we suggest you follow us in this interesting article: 👇
1. why put smoking to an end?
Your loved ones have begged you to quit. Your doctor advises that you help you quit smoking as well. Your insurance company dangles a discount to you to get you to quit. The time is here, so keep reading in order to find strategies on how to quit smoking and do not ever look back.
Writing it down can affect your whole mental outlook. This can help you stay motivated, and might even make quitting easier because you are able to remain focused.
Negative effects of smoking on the body:
- One of the main side effects of smoking is its dangerous effect on the lungs. In the picture, you can see the lungs of a smoker and the lungs of a non-smoker.
- The next side effect of smoking is its effect on the heart. Every year, 1 million people die due to cardiovascular problems such as blood clots, high blood pressure.
- Studies have shown that smoking has a great effect on human skin, including its effects, include skin cancer, fungal infections, hair loss, hair bleaching, etc.
2. How put smoking to an end?
1) Exercise is a very effective stress reliever. If you are out of shape or in poor health, start off slowly with a few walks. Speak to a doctor before beginning an exercise routine.
Exercising generates healthy, which can improve your mood and help you focus on something else than your cravings. Exercise also helps to compensate for your metabolism slowing down as you quit, which can help keep the extra weight gain at bay that people who quit sometimes experience.
2) By telling yourself to wait 10 minutes, you will usually avoid the craving. If you do not see the results you are looking for right away, then just keep repeating this process over and over as often as you need to.
3) Your doctor can help you quit when all other strategies fail. There are prescription medications, including, a few anti-depressant medications.
4) Motivate yourself
Keep your motivation to quit smoking in your mind all the time. This may mean pinning motivational messages on your office wall or wearing an item of jewelry that symbolizes your intentions to quit.
When that urge to smoke hits, take out this list and read it to motivate yourself.
5) Nicotine replacement therapy is a great tool for quitting smoking.
When you are suffering from nicotine withdrawal, you may become annoyed, irritable, or frustrated. The cravings can overwhelm you. You can help alleviate these feelings by using nicotine-replacement therapy if you are having nicotine withdrawal.
It is not recommended that you use a nicotine replacement product and smoke at the same time, to protect yourself to avoid smoking if you are using nicotine replacement therapies.
Plan how you are going to respond to stress without turning to cigarettes. Many smokers are used to lighting up another cigarette. Keep a backup plan handy in case one doesn’t work out.
3. why quit smoking is hard?
The first few days will be the hardest when quitting smoking. The initial 48 hours is when the body rids itself completely of all the nicotine it has held onto. After that, the cravings you feel are mostly psychological. While your experience will still likely be difficult to work through, it becomes easier to resist the urge to pick up a cigarette.
Ask your family members to get on board with your decision to quit smoking. You have to talk to people and let them know what you’re going through, not their judgment. Let them know you’ll more than likely be moody when you quit, and that you might not be quite yourself. Quitting smoking is a difficult process, so it’s critical that you have the support of those who are close to you at this time. Be mindful of what your smoking habits are.
When do you want most likely to smoke?
Use common sense when eating. Don’t start a new diet while you are, at the same time, you’re trying to quit smoking. You should eat a balanced and healthy diet. Studies show that tobacco residue in your mouth makes veggies and low-fat dairy products will leave a bad taste in your mouth if you smoke. Eating this food will not only boost your health, but also help you quit smoking.
Take several minutes to think of the primary reasons why you want to stop smoking. Jot down some of the most important reasons and keep them in a pocket. Whenever you have the craving to smoke, refer to this piece of paper and look over the reasons why you wanted to quit.
Many who stop smoking without cessation methods do so by having a different outlook. If you look at smoking as something you take day by day, you can get over it easier.
What are your triggers guiding you to smoking?
You must understand the triggers that cause you to want to smoke, in order to stop. For example, your triggers could be stress, stress or even certain other people can trigger it. Avoid these kinds of triggers as much as possible. If you cannot avoid certain factors, figure out ways to deal with them.
Holding a toothpick in your mouth is a help. You could also try Ticktock. Avoid using food, as this often results in weight gain.
Choose one that also contains trace minerals, that have the best healing power, smoking effects.
4. When you quit smoking, what happens to your body?
- After an hour: 1 hour after the last smoking, the heart rate gradually returns to normal. In addition, the person’s blood pressure decreases, and the circulatory system is in a better condition than before.
- After 12 hours: Approximately 12 hours after the last smoking, the body gradually eliminates carbon monoxide, and the amount of oxygen in the body and blood increases.
- After 2 days: The person’s sense of smell and taste increases.
- After a month: One month after quitting smoking, lung capacity increases and blood circulation improves.
- After nine-month: After 9 months of quitting smoking, the lungs are rebuilt and the person feels more energized.
5. Launch a smoking cessation campaign
Get a buddy when trying to stop smoking. If one of your friends is also trying to quit smoking, team up with them and develop a support system. Not only is the support group very helpful, but you could also find activities that replace smoking for you.
You will be more successful if you do try to quit smoking alone. You can also gain quite a bit from joining a support group for people that are trying to stop smoking.
Now you are well-equipped with information that will enable you to stop this unwanted habit for good. Stopping your cigarette habit will allow you to be happier, healthier, and you will live longer too. Thank your family for using the money you are saving to do something special for them. They supported you through your trials, so they deserve it.
What is your experience? Please share it with us!